Friday, June 13, 2008

Mary- The Musical!

Opening next week in The Vatican- it's "Mary of Nazareth, A Story that Goes On." A new musical!! It's the first time that a musical will be performed in the Holy Auditorium, which has previously just been home to shit like Mozart.

This brings to my mind two things: Catholic drag queens dressing as Mary, and reviews with headlines like "Mary, A Story that Goes on (Too Long)" or "Mary Goes On and On and On . . ."

But they probably can't write that about a musical that's been blessed by the Vatican Secretary of State! Below are my guesses as to a few of the songs that will be included:

Send in the Virgins
Good Morning Bethlehem
And I Am Telling You I'm Not Giving Birth In A Barn
Ease on Down the Road (I'm Riding a Fucking Donkey for My Baby's Sake)
All That Jesus
I Could Have Prayed All Night
Everythings Coming Up Moses (note: did Mary know Moses? help me out Biblical scholars!)

No comments: