Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jolie Didn't Want to Love Brad

From IMDB:

Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie didn't want to fall in love with another actor after two failed marriages - she was looking for love with an aid worker.

The Tomb Raider star was adamant never to date anyone on the Hollywood party circuit after her marriages to Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller failed. (What about her brother?)

But Jolie fell for Pitt - after her dreams of finding Mr Average faded. She tells the July edition of Vanity Fair, "After my last divorce, I said I was absolutely going to marry somebody in another field, an aid worker or something.

"Then I met Brad, everything I wasn't looking for, but the best man, the best father I could possibly wish for, you know?" I don't see him as an actor. I see him very much as a dad, as somebody who loves travel and architecture more than being in movies."

Well, who can blame Angelina? She wanted a Joe Schmoe- but fell in love with Brad. Why would she do that? How could she help herself?? Hollywood is a fickle mistress that's for sure, especially when you're a pouty lipped, (former?) bisexual, and (former?) heroin user. Oh, and an Oscar winner!

What a world we live in. Count your blessings, and wish on the moon, because maybe while we're all looking for our Joe/Jane Schmoes we'll find a Brad too. Or not. Probably not, actually scratch that. Life sucks unless you're a Jolie-Pitt!

Which reminds me of another story:

Cliff Didn't Want to Eat the Reese's Pieces

When we caught up withe podcaster/media mogul, he had this to say about his "unexpected" meeting with the candy: "I didn't want to eat the Reese's Pieces- I was looking for a piece of fruit, maybe a carrot, but there they were- delicious chocolate and peanut buttery- and with Batman's face on them. How could I resist?" How, indeed?

No comments: