Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Get Rid of Guilt!

You ate a Blizzard last night (among many other things), you've made your inner Zac Efron so depressed he has to go stand over next to your inner pick-up truck with his head all sad and downcast, the circumference around your fat gut is similar to that of Mercury, and you can't stop feeling your second (or third) chin. SOUND FAMILIAR?

Last night (for the 3rd night in a row) you ate everything in sight. You stuffed it in until you were belching up stomach acid and you're still kind of doing it now. At this point, the crippling guilt over what you did last night is clawing at you and threatening to not let you out of bed today.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

According to THIS site, here are some steps to help you work toward getting rid of your guilt!

First) If you actually did something wrong (according to your own belief system), right the wrong and then let it go. When you feel guilty, you can clean up your mistake by saying: "I feel terrible about what I've done to you. I really didn't mean to hurt you. I am sorry I hurt you. The reason I did what I did is __________. What can I do to make it up to you and earn your trust again?"

I think you should even say this to yourself if the person you let down was (for instance) you, who'd been eating and exercising so well for 7 weeks and then had a three day meltdown.

Other things you might try:

If you've made a mistake (like overeating for three nights in a row) learn your lesson and move on!

Realize you are imperfect (and so is everyone else!) and forgive yourself for the mistakes you've made.

Check the website for more tips. I have to go cry into the trashcan. Not that this is true. It's all hypothetical. Really. OHWHOAMIKIDDING?!?!?

No comments: