Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One of My Favorites and Yours . . .

One of the funniest things to me is when a person mis-hears what someone else says. I do it all the time and crack myself up. Click HERE to read a very funny and wonderful interview with Teri Garr as she talks about her many roles on screen. She is bright shining light who worked a lot, but I wish she'd done even more- and hope she continues to do so- I'd watch her in just about anything. But anyway- here's an excerpt:

Garr: Oh, that deserves a rediscovery? [Adopts German accent.] John Schlesinger! I remember going to Florida in the sweltering heat, being in that trailer barreling through town. And I remember Schlesinger saying, "It's like every town in America is the same. You go into a town and it's got the same IHOP and the same McDonald's." And I thought, "He's right! It's true." America's all the same, in every town. And we feel comfortable that way, us Americans. We want the same thing. And Schlesinger picked up on it.

I also think he was a genius. After that, he said he was going to direct The Tales Of Hoffman, and I thought he said Hellzapoppin'. [Laughs.] Which is so wrong. That's the opposite of The Tales Of Hoffman. He was going to direct an opera, and here he was directing this movie about how every city is the same. I thought it was rather clever of him.

See- I cried just reading that- Hellzapoppin! Below you can see her appearance on David Letterman just last month:


No comments: