Friday, July 25, 2008

Movies I Want to See!

So last night I saw "The Dark Knight" and it was really good, but the trailers before it were almost uniformly terrible. One stinker was the trailer for the needless remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still." It stars Keanu Reeves as a laughable alien who knows about the impending doom of our planet (like Al Gore!).

But as I groaned through the trailer, I did spy the wonderful Kathy Bates walking through one shot (like a no nonsnese Senator or something) and I thought to myself "Dammit! I wish that all films were not made under the pressure of entertaining 13 year old boys, and Kathy Bates could be the marquee star of a needless sci-fi remake!"

And so I made the above poster to get rid of my frustrations. I still really want to see the Kathy Bates version though. Find the trailer HERE. Then remarkably I had the exact same experience with the trailer for the new James Bond movie. It's trailer is HERE.

No comments: