Friday, May 2, 2008

Dolly Report/14 Minutes, 59 Seconds

So last night was Dolly Parton at Radio City Music Hall! And I don't have to tell you how AMAZING it was. (It was). She was in great voice, hilarious, and the crowd loved her. I won't reiterate how we should all aspire to be like her. I'll just say it was a magical night to remember!!

But something else really weird did happen: Before the show I was outside on my cell phone about to get in line to go in. And I heard someone say "Excuse me, excuse me" and I turned and it was a some guy I didn't know. He said "Do you have a video on Youtube?" And I guess I looked pretty stunned because he repeated "Do you have a video on Youtube for 'Better Get to Livin'.?" I nodded and he said "oh, it's just so funny, it just keeps making me laugh." And I hope I said "Thanks," (I probably did) but it's quite possible I was caught so off guard that I just walked away amazed/frightened that I had been recognized from Youtube. (Of course I wish he had said, "Your voice is familiar. Do you have a podcast?")

But I suppose that makes it official: Everyone is famous. If I get recognized on the street- you too will be recognized for something. You've been in the paper, you were seen in the background of a live news broadcast, you accidentally wandered onto the set of "Made of Honor" and now you're forever in a Patrick Dempsey movie. Something: You are Famous. We all are now. Congratulations.

1 comment:

Stewart said...

Not only recognized on the streets, but recognized on the streets of New York City... Man, you ARE famous.